- After being active in the market for over a year with its SONGNOX® PQ stabilizer, Songwon announced today that it has extended its product range in response to customers’ ever-expanding needs.
- Songwon Industrial Co., Ltd.
- Ulsan, Korea – September 9, 2015 –
- SWPR131EN0915 Songwon extends its SONGNOX PQ
With its new stabilizer, SONGNOX® PQ SB, Songwon is launching a semi bead that makes dosing and handling in the plant easier for customers due to its dust free form. In addition, the new SONGNOX® 1162 FF triple blend contains SONGNOX® PQ making it ideally suited for biaxial oriented polypropylene (BOPP) applications, which have one of the broadest approvals for indirect food contact applications globally.
“After acquiring SeQuent’s Specialty Chemicals business less than a year ago, we are proud to be able to offer SONGNOX® PQ in this new product form,” says Thomas Schmutz, Leader Technical Service & Application Development, Business Unit Polymer Stabilizers. “The addition to our portfolio means that we now offer the broadest solid phosphite product range in our industry. It also highlights Songwon’s commitment to meeting the needs of our customers.”
The SONGNOX® PQ stabilizer is suitable for many applications such as:
- thin wall injection molding (TWIN) polypropylene (PP), BOPP, PP raffia & talc filled PP
- cast film linear low density polyethylene (LLDPE) or mLLDPE
- polyolefin elastomers (POE)
- polyolefin hot melt adhesives
- polyamide, polycarbonate, polyester & powder coating
About Songwon Industrial Co., Ltd.
Songwon Industrial Group is the 2nd largest manufacturer of polymer stabilizers in the world with an almost 50 year history of breakthrough solutions. A leader in the development and production of additives and specialty chemicals, Songwon provides added-value products and innovative solutions to the plastics industry.
The company’s extensive product portfolio includes polymer stabilizers, alkylphenols and alkylcresols, PVC stabilizers, plasticizers, tin intermediates, polyurethanes, SAP and flocculants.
With headquarters in Ulsan, Korea, the Songwon Industrial Group comprises 17 companies including 2 joint ventures and 1 representative office, located in 9 different countries on 3 continents. The company has 7 manufacturing facilities, 3 of which are located in Korea, Germany, China, USA, India as well as a manufacturing JV plant in China. Songwon also has a worldwide network sales and customer service offices, logistics hubs and stocking distributors.