- eBay is closely monitoring the path of Hurricane Irma. To those sellers who may be affected, please stay safe and do what’s critical right now: taking care of yourself, family and community.
Due to the scope and severity of the storm, eBay has automatically applied seller protection to any seller whose business is impacted. What this means:
- You will not receive defects for stockouts or unresolved cases with buyers.
- Your late shipment rate will not be impacted.
If you are able to, there are a few things you can do now to help protect your business:
- Communicate with buyers whose items have not yet been shipped and let them know your situation.
- End any auctions, take down any Buy It Now listings before they result in a sale. We will not charge a fee for ending a listing early.
- If you are an eBay Stores subscriber, place your store in vacation mode and extend your handling time on all items to when you think you can get back to business.
If you don’t have direct internet access, eBay can help you make the necessary changes. Please contact customer service at 1 (866) 540-3229 and update them on your situation.
Everyone here at eBay is wishing all those in the path of Irma a safe weekend and ultimately a speedy recovery.