- Ghotit is happy to announce the release of Ghotit Real Writer and Reader 5 for Windows and Mac. This version supports an offline work mode - users can use the Ghotit software without being connected to the Internet.
Ghotit is happy to announce the release of Ghotit Real Writer and Reader 5 for Windows and Mac. This version supports an offline work mode – users can use the Ghotit software without being connected to the Internet.
Ghotit Real Writer and Reader 5 is an out of the box comprehensive Reading and Writing assistance solution for people with dyslexia and/or dysgraphia.
The new Real Writer and Reader version comes to address numerous user inputs from home users, students and private/public organizations. In addition, the new version took into account networking and data privacy requirements from system administrators and IT executives providing the Ghotit services.
Ghotit Real Writer and Reader 5 NEW Features include:
1. No Internet connection needed
2. New and advanced reading capabilities
3. New and advanced editing capabilities
No Internet connection needed:
Ghotit Real Writer and Reader 5 permanent licenses don’t require an Internet connection; this allows users to access Ghotit in schools or workplaces where the Internet connection is limited or where Internet use is forbidden. In addition, users can now use Ghotit in places (e.g. airplanes) that they have no access to the Internet.
New and advanced reading capabilities:
Ghotit Real Writer and Reader 5 implemented a technology called Screenshot Reader. Screenshot Reader allows its users to read out any text displayed on the user computer screen. With this new capability, users will be able to read any text even if the text cannot be selected and copied. This includes text from a selected image.
New and advanced editing capabilities:
Ghotit Real Writer and Reader 5 allows users to copy any text to the Ghotit Real Writer and Reader 5 editor for direct editing. In other words, a user can copy any text presented on the screen and copy it to Ghotit; this is possible even if the text concerned could not be selected or copied: i.e. since the text is copy protected or an image with text.
Overall Ghotit Real Writer and Reader 5 capabilities:
• Quick-Spell Word-Prediction with instant correction for creative/phonetic writers
• Context-sensitive and phonetic spell checker
• Advanced grammar and punctuation corrector
• Proofreader – Reader that can read out any document with dual highlighting
• Speak as you write (speech feedback)
• Integrated dictionary
• Reading assistance with dual highlighting
• Screenshot Reader to read aloud any text on the screen
• Topics (Word-Banks) for Word-Prediction
• Integration with all text editing applications
• Standalone Editor
• US, UK, Canadian, Australian, New Zealand and South African dictionaries
Dr. Robert Iakobashvili, Ghotit founder and CTO, stated that he is especially proud of the Ghotit Real Writer and Reader 5 abilities to work with no Internet connection. The offline mode of work does not result in any negative affect on the quality of the Ghotit assistive technology services results.
Ofer Chermesh, one of Ghotit’s founders says that Ghotit Real Writer and Reader 5 new features were developed in order further assist people that struggle with reading disabilities and to allow people with dyslexia and dysgraphia to use Ghotit reading and writing solution anywhere – even in places where the user is not allowed /able to connect to the Internet.
Additional information about Ghotit Real Writer and Reader 5 can be found at http://www.ghotit.com