- Lean Cuisine is introducing four new limited-time entrées inspired by international culinary trends and regional flavors. The four entrées, Southwest-Style Potato Bake, Chicken Tikka Masala, Cheese & Fire-Roasted Chile Tamale and Thai-Style Ginger Beef, are crafted and designed by Lean Cuisine’s culinary chefs who travel the country, from New York City to San Francisco, visiting top restaurants, hot spots and tastemakers for meal inspirations.
In addition to new, delicious flavors, the four entrées offer high-protein and gluten-free options and dishes made with organic ingredients. The new items boast the high-quality ingredients consumers are looking for in their grocery store aisles.
“Lean Cuisine dishes pair nutritious foods and real ingredients with our chefs’ culinary expertise so you can feel good about what you’re eating. Like all our offerings, the recipes behind these new entrées were created with care; every ingredient has purpose, whether it’s a distinct flavor or a key nutrient, like a good source of protein,” said Julie Lehman, Marketing Director for Lean Cuisine.
“The Lean Cuisine culinary team keeps a constant pulse on food culture, taking cues from the latest flavor profiles, and we noticed an increase in people’s desire for bolder, spicier flavors,” said David Bailey, Culinary Chef for Lean Cuisine. “The new limited-time entrées gave our team of chefs a chance to explore new ideas and flavors while bringing creative, delicious foods to your home.”
Four New Entrées Inspired by Latest Culinary Trends
Lean Cuisine’s four new options draw inspiration from international and regional flavors:
- Southwest-Style Potato Bake: Made with organic and non-GMO ingredients, red potatoes are blanketed in a spicy cheddar cheese sauce with poblano peppers.
- Chicken Tikka Masala: Perfect for those seeking a high-protein option, tender white meat chicken, sweet peas, carrots and rice are combined in a creamy tomato, Indian-style sauce.
- Cheese & Fire-Roasted Chile Tamale: The newest tamale in the Lean Cuisine collection is made with organic and non-GMO ingredients, and accented with a sweet and spicy chile sauce and cilantro lime rice.
- Thai-Style Ginger Beef: Tender prime rib beef, broccoli, yellow carrots and rice combine with a sweet and spicy Thai-style sauce – and it’s gluten-free.
New Products Deliver on Demand for Dishes made with Organic Ingredients, Protein and More
Americans are looking for high-protein foods as well as dishes made with organic and non-GMO ingredients, and the new entrées add to the Lean Cuisine portfolio to meet those needs. In fact, organic food sales in the United States approached an estimated $37 billion in 2015, up 12 percent from the previous year,* and have continued to steadily grow. Additionally, the demand for protein continues to increase with nearly six out of 10 Americans considering protein when making a decision about buying packaged food or beverages, and the majority report that they are trying to consume more.**
“Our recipes are carefully crafted to be nutritious, and often times ingredients are paired to make the most of each other. For example, our Thai-Style Ginger Beef brings together broccoli and yellow carrots with the right serving of beef, creating a balance of flavor and ingredients that offer a nutritional boost,” said Rhonda Richardson, Manager of Nutrition, Health and Wellness for Lean Cuisine. “Our new dishes are simply frozen to maintain their freshness, and do not include artificial preservatives.”
For more information on Lean Cuisine and the new limited-time-only entrées, please visit LeanCuisine.com. All four products have an MSRP of $2.99 and are currently available at grocery and mass retailers nationwide.