- Kellogg's Krave® cereal is helping fans devour this weekend's comic cultural phenomenon with real-time food art at the Krave Kafeteria in the popular Nerd HQ at San Diego Comic-Con. With help from a talented comic illustrator, Krave will bring to life Thursday-Saturday's daily trends among San Diego cos-players, movie-goers and gamers in Chocofitti form – using delicious, chocolate cereal.
- Kellogg Company
Krave is partnering with comic book artistFrancis Manapul – best known for his work on “Witchblade” and “The Necromancer,” as well as on DC’s hit comic “The Flash” – to create the edible works of art, inspired by the top moments coming out of San Diego Comic-Con. Pop culture lovers in attendance should tag their social posts with #iKrave to let Manapul know what they’re craving most this weekend, and stop by the Krave Kafeteria to see how their inspirations are morphed into Chocofitti.
“Kellogg’s Krave wanted to bring in tasty treats and I thought, ‘yes, tasty treats sounds about right,’” said Zachary Levi, actor and founder of Nerd HQ.
But there will be more to do than gawk at Chocofitti! Kellogg’s Krave is making sure fans get the max out of their weekend with tons of awesome activities at Nerd HQ:
- The Krave Kafeteria, located at The New Children’s Museum (200 W Island Ave.,San Diego CA 92101), will open at 9 a.m. Thursday-Sunday, and will be stocked with delicious, Krave cereal varieties and milk options.
- Kellogg’s Krave is sponsoring the Nerd HQ “Conversations for a Cause” panel withNathan Fillion at 1 p.m. on Friday. Fillion is a Canadian actor best known for his role as Richard Castle on the ABC series “Castle.”
- Fans can also chow down on Krave cereal in between gaming at the Square Enix Collective lounge at Nerd HQ.
Share your experiences with #iKrave all weekend, and stop by the Krave Kafeteria to satisfy your appetite and watch your comic cravings come to life in cereal Chocofitti form.
- Click to Tweet: #SDCC lines making you hangry? Stop by @KelloggUS Krave Kafeteria at #NerdHQ for delicious chocolate cereal snacks!
- Click to Tweet: Want to see @KelloggsUS Krave cereal’s take on comics? Give us inspiration with #iKrave and join us at #NerdHQ to watch cereal come to life!
About Kellogg Company
At Kellogg Company (NYSE: K), we strive to make foods people love. This includes our beloved brands – Kellogg’s®, Keebler®, Special K®, Pringles®, Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes®, Pop-Tarts®, Kellogg’s Corn Flakes®, Rice Krispies®, Cheez-It®, Eggo®, Mini-Wheats® and more – that nourish families so they can flourish and thrive. With 2015 sales of $13.5 billion and more than 1,600 foods, Kellogg is the world’s leading cereal company; second largest producer of cookies, crackers and savory snacks; and a leading North American frozen foods company. Through our Breakfasts for Better DaysTM global hunger initiative, we’ve provided more than 1.4 billion servings of cereal and snacks to children and families in need around the world. To learn more, visit www.kelloggcompany.com or follow us on Twitter @KelloggCompany, YouTubeand on Social K.
About Francis Manapul
Francis Manapul is a NEW YORK TIMES best seller and an award winning artist and writer based in Toronto, Canada. Francis is best known for his work re-launching THE FLASH for DC Comic’s NEW 52 initiative, and following it up with the company’s namesake title, DETECTIVE COMICS. He is currently the writer and artist of the DC Rebirth title, TRINITY which stars SUPERMAN, BATMAN and WONDER WOMAN. His past work includes SUPERMAN/BATMAN, LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES, ADVENTURE COMICS accompanied by his prolific career as a cover artist. He’s also worked for multiple publishers on titles such as TOMB RAIDER, SEPT GUERRIERES, G.I JOE, THE DARKNESS, and WITCHBLADE. Francis has also dabbled in the world of television as one of the main hosts on History Channel’s BEAST LEGENDS, which combined globetrotting adventures and challenging art projects.