- Last year we brought the Google Assistant to iPhones and today, iPads are joining the party. The Assistant on iPad can do everything the Assistant on your iPhone can do, with the added benefit of a bigger screen that supports both portrait and landscape mode.
Here are some highlights of how the Assistant can help on your iPad while you’re hanging around the house:
- Set the mood by having the Assistant “dim the lights”
- Cast to your TV by asking the Assistant to “watch the latest news on the living room TV”
- Stay in touch by asking the Assistant to “video call mom” or “text Lauren”
- Keep up with your chores by asking the Assistant to “remind me to take out the recycling at 8 PM”
Plus, you can stay productive by multitasking on iPad with iOS 11, letting you chat with the Assistant while you play a game, plan a trip or check your calendar.
The Assistant on iPad is rolling out today and will be available in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazil) and Spanish.