- As the official technology partner of New York Fashion Week (NYFW) Spring/Summer 2017, Intel is showcasing new immersive experiences and technology solutions that will help transform and grow the fashion industry. From a reinvented runway viewing experience to retail solutions that provide real-time analytics to beautiful connected accessories, Intel’s presence at NYFW will show how technology is a welcome disruption to the fashion industry.
From Sept. 8 to 14, Intel will put the future of the fashion industry on display:
Transforming the Runway Experience: This season, Intel and IMG are partnering with select designers – including Erin Fetherston, Noon by Noor, Lisa N. Hoang, Dan Liu, Namilia, Marissa Webb, Band of Outsiders, Irina Vitjaz, Supima, Misha Collection, Prabal Gurung and Telfar – to live-broadcast runway shows in full stereoscopic virtual reality. An Intel experience powered by Voke, the technology creates a natural viewing environment, transporting viewers from their couches to the runway. Fans can access the experience by downloading VOKE’s GearVR app to use with a Samsung Gear VR headset or head to NYFW.com and participating designers’ websites for an immersive 2D offering.
Intel is enabling new ways to interact and experience digital content in our daily lives. This new experience is made possible by Intel® Xeon® processors that power high-performance and power-efficient computing platforms, integrated Intel® Iris™ Pro Graphics for graphics-intensive applications, Intel® Quick Sync video for hardware-enhanced transcoding and Intel® Graphics Virtualization Technology for flexible, secure remote application delivery.
Innovative Designer Collaborations: Intel continues to collaborate with designers and brands focused on blending aesthetics and consumer insights with advanced, cutting-edge technology. At the forefront of experimenting with new ways to bring wearable products to market, Intel this season has partnered with:
- TOME – Luxury designer TOME will show its accessories line with a bracelet based on Intel® Curie technology that will help women improve their health and the quality of their day by staying connected on-the-go. The bracelet will be shown as part of the runway show and line to retailers/buyers interested in adopting in their stores. The environment around us affects our overall wellness and beauty. TOME and Intel have created a proof of concept handbag that is not only a beautiful sustainable bag, but it’s also aware of its environment. The Intel technology in the bag detects ambient temperature, toxic gases and barometric pressure – sending you helpful alerts to live a more informed life.
- BAJA EAST x FILA – The “loose luxury” designers known for blurring the lines between men’s and women’s attire and everyday dressing where West Coast ease meets aggressive city cool will show this season a new connected shoe line with Fila, the sportswear company. The connected shoe is powered by Intel® Curie technology that helps track and interpret fitness data. The shoes will be shown as part of the runway show and line to retailers/buyers interested in adopting in their stores.
- Enabling Retail Transformation: Converging digital and physical capabilities are challenging retailers to reinvent the brick and mortar experience with a data-based approach. In collaboration with ByReveal – a one-of-its-kind, stand-alone pop-up retail store that can be installed anywhere in 30 minutes – innovative Intel technology, including the Intel® Retail Sensor Platform, will provide real-time data analytics about products and buying patterns. Edge to cloud Intel-based technologies provide retailers with the ability to know sooner and act faster, optimizing labor productivity, inventory and merchandising, and powering new value-added services that differentiate them from their competition.
- A History of Wearable Innovation: At The Shop at NYFW, a cross-section of Intel’s wearable products and proof of concepts will be showcased under beautiful jewelry display cases while a limited number of Tag Heuer Connected watches will be available for sale. Open to the public, visitors to The Shop can interact with a connected mirror, powered by Intel RealSense technology, to experience a digital history of Intel’s Wearable innovation.