- HP Inc. today announced the new OMEN by HP portfolio, built exclusively for gamers needing the latest in PC innovation, delivering the power and performance to dominate the competition.
As part of the company’s strategy to reinvent personal systems, it is introducing a unified gaming portfolio based on OMEN by HP with a range of options spanning different price points to meet the various needs of gamers today. The new portfolio makes it easier to find the right platform to deliver the best possible experience for mainstream gamers. This summer HP will introduce the OMEN X platform for the gamer who wants even more aggressive performance with enthusiast-level customization options.
This next wave of OMEN by HP gaming PCs feature a family of four devices with a bold new look offering feature-price value, built to maximize gamers’ experience. The OMEN laptops are designed to deliver an immersive experience to compliment the laptops’ smooth performance. The 15.6” and 17.3” diagonal OMEN laptops are available in Full HD1 and 4K2IPS display options to enhance gameplay with stunning true-to-life visuals. Sound effects are crisp and clear with expert audio tuning by Bang & Olufsen and HP Audio Boost technology for added depth on dual speakers to ensure gamers don’t miss a beat.
“We created OMEN by HP for gamers who need their PC to deliver a great experience while also allowing them the flexibility to choose the level of performance and design that fits their needs,” said Kevin Frost, vice president and general manager, consumer personal systems, HP Inc. “The new OMEN platform offers the features gamers rely on – power for battling on the go, graphics for smooth gameplay and advanced thermal cooling to tackle the latest AAA games. The OMEN by HP delivers gamers what they need to strike first, and last.”
The OMEN by HP line-up includes:
- OMEN Laptops: Equipped with powerful hardware and stunning 4K2 displays, the 15.6” and 17.3” diagonal gaming laptops deliver winning performance.
- OMEN Desktop: Combines cutting-edge design, liquid cooling with the latest Intel® Core™ processors3, NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX and AMD Radeon™ graphics to deliver a performance monster that is VR certified to power Vive by HTC.
- OMEN by HP 32 Display: The 32” diagonal Quad HD4 display elevates gameplay and eliminates tearing and stuttering with AMD FreeSync™ technology5 for a smooth and immersive gaming experience.
OMEN Laptops Engineered for Gaming
Featuring a Dragon Red backlit keyboard with OMEN branding on the keyboard deck and on the black shadow mesh laptop lid, the OMEN laptops run cool with a dual fan design to maintain top performance. The 62 watt battery sits flat and towards the front of the machine to allow more cooling surface area and airflow for thermal management without sacrificing performance. Powerful NVIDIA® GTX™ graphics up to 965M and up to 6th Generation Intel®Core™ i7 quad-core processors3 equip gamers for any challenge or challenger.
Other features include:
- Wide Vision HD Camera or optional Intel® RealSenseTM Camera6 for 3D experiences and to enable gesture control apps to interact with the PC when gaming.
- Up to 16GB of memory and up to 512GB7 PCIe SSD or up to 2TB7 for single storage options or dual storage options with up to 4TB7 HDD and 128GB7 SSHD on select models.
- HP Fast Charge8 and up to 10 hours of battery life9 on select models.
OMEN by HP Desktop Certified for Virtual Reality and Offers Latest NVIDIA Graphics
Engineered with the power and tuning for virtual reality, the OMEN Desktop features the latest NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 graphics to perfect the gaming experience. The unlocked Intel® Core™ i7 processor3 delivers the performance required to keep up with the most demanding games and VR experiences. Optional liquid cooling, an advanced thermal system, keeps it running quiet and cool to virtually eliminate video lag time. The OMEN Desktop is upgradeable with tool-less access to the hardware to allow gamers to crank up gaming power with customizability.
The OMEN Desktop features the new OMEN logo on its signature vertical design with a brushed-metal chassis and HP LED Lighting that reacts to performance levels depending on customization by the gamer.
Other features include:
- Intel® CoreTM i7-6700K processors3 with overclocking capabilities in select models 10
- Up to 32GB memory and ample storage with up to 512GB SSD7 and up to 3TB7 of HDD to host a massive amount of large format VR games and content.
- Options up to NVIDIA GTX 1080 Founder Edition or AMD RadeonTM R9 390X graphics cards, offering better frame rates at increased resolution.
Complementing the OMEN Desktop is the new 32” diagonal OMEN by HP Display to further enhance the gaming experience. The Quad HD4 display with wide-viewing angles offers stunning visuals with 100 percent sRGB11color space for true-to-life color. AMD FreeSync™ technology5 delivers fluid, artifact-free performance at virtually any framerate for a smooth gaming experience that keeps pace with the power of the OMEN Desktop
Pricing and Availability 12
HP DesignJet Z5600 and Z2600 Postscript Printers are expected to be available in mid-June 2016.
- The 15.6” diagonal OMEN Laptop is planned to be available on HP.com and Best Buy on July 10 with a starting price at $899.99.
- The 17.3” diagonal OMEN Laptop is planned to be available on July 10 on HP.com starting at $1029.99 and Best Buy with a starting price at $979.99.
- The OMEN Desktop is planned to be available on HP.com and select retailers in August.
- The OMEN by HP 32 Display is planned to be available on HP.com and select retailers in August.
- Full high-definition (FHD) content required to view FHD images.
- 4K Ultra High-definition (HD) content required to view 4K Ultra HD images.
- Multi-core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
- Quad High-definition (QHD) content required to view QHD images.
- FreeSync is an AMD technology is enabled on FHD displays and is designed to eliminate stuttering and/or tearing in games and videos by locking a display’s refresh rate to the framerate of the graphics card. Monitor, AMD Radeon™ Graphics and/or AMD A-Series APU compliant with DisplayPort™ Adaptive-Sync required. AMD Catalyst™ 15.2 Beta (or newer) required. Adaptive refresh rates vary by display.
- Features may require software or other 3rd party applications to provide the described functionality. Some or all of the features may be unavailable or under development in your market. See http://www.intel.com/realsense for more information.
- For storage drives, GB = 1 billion bytes. TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 35GB of hard drive is reserved for system recovery software.
- Recharges your battery up to 90% within 90 minutes when the system is off (using “shut down” command). Recommended for use with the HP adapter provided with the notebook, not recommended with a smaller capacity battery charger. After charging has reached 90% capacity, charging speed will return to normal speed. Available on select models.
- Windows 10/ MM14 battery life will vary depending on various factors including product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality, and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. See www.bapco.com for additional details.
- Altering clock frequency and/or voltage may: (i) reduce system stability and useful life of the system, processor, and other system components; (ii) cause the processor and other system components to fail; (iii) cause reductions in system performance; (iv) cause additional heat or other damage; and (v) affect system data integrity. HP and Intel have not tested, and does not warranty, the operation of the processor beyond its specifications. HP and Intel have not tested, and do not warranty, the operation of other system components beyond their industry standard specifications. HP and Intel assume no responsibility that the processor and other system components, including if used with altered clock frequencies and/or voltages, will be fit for any particular purpose.
- All performance specifications represent the typical specifications provided by HP’s component manufacturers; actual performance may vary either higher or lower.
- Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, Radeon, FreeSync, and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. Intel and Intel Core are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. NVIDIA, GeForce, Surround, and the NVIDIA logo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. DisplayPort™ and the DisplayPort™ logo are trademarks owned by the Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA®) in the United States and other countries.