- Henkel Transport & Metal, a strategic business unit within Adhesive Technologies, has chosen EMG, the leading international B2B and industrial communications specialist, to spearhead the brand PR strategy activities of its European Automotive business.
Henkel Adhesive Technologies is the world market leader in adhesives, sealants and functional coatings. It is part of the Henkel company founded in 1876 and headquartered in Düsseldorf, Germany, with about 50,000 employees from more than 120 nations worldwide.
EMG has been brought on board to strengthen Henkel’s brand awareness within the automotive industry in Europe, working on a pro-active media relations strategy built around a storytelling PR concept based on Henkel’s strategic business priorities and key initiatives.
To ensure the right messaging for the right audience the EMG/Henkel partnership kicked off with a messaging workshop in order to align positioning and USP’s in an agreed framework for all future communications materials. This formed the basis for developing a media relations plan which is now being implemented in close cooperation with the Henkel team.
“The messaging workshop worked well; it provided EMG with the insight to develop compelling stories and created a clear approach for the Henkel Transport & Metal team to deliver our key messages,” commented Yasmin Brimo, Marketing Communication Manager for Henkel Automotive Industries Europe.
Working in close cooperation with the corporate communications department at Henkel, the EMG account team’s focus areas include:
- editorial feature research to increase relevance of PR materials;
- PR topic proposals and development;
- сopywriting, translation and dissemination of case studies, – press releases and technical articles;
- intensifying relationships with key editors;
- press office – handling media requests and enquiries from – European key media;
- media relations at exhibitions and events;
- media training.
Kevin Noels, Account Manager at EMG, adds: “Since September 2015, we have provided Henkel Transport & Metal with on-site media support at 2 exhibitions – EMO (Milan) and Composites Europe (Stuttgart) – achieving 22 media interactions for both shows and 95 press clippings, of which 25% are in key media and including 20 feature articles.”
EMG uses its proprietary tools to handle monitoring and analysis of media coverage to measure the effectiveness of campaigns and to provide ongoing refinement of its communications strategy.
“EMG is supporting us in becoming more pro-active in our media relations and increase awareness for our adhesive solutions. The results have been outstanding so far with coverage in those media that reach our target audiences,” concluded Yasmin Brimo.