- Paris – Capgemini, one of the world’s foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services, today announced that its ‘Creating Change Friendly Environment: Lean Model Office’ approach has been awarded the “Next Generation" Process Excellence Project Award by The Process Excellence Network (PEXN). This award, presented to Capgemini’s BPO team in Poland, recognises projects that have demonstrated significant business impact in new, cutting edge areas of process excellence.
Capgemini’s BPO team in Poland received this industry accolade for its work in developing and implementing the ‘Lean Model Office’, an approach based on the elimination of replicated or wasted processes (such as reworks, waiting times, too many unnecessary or repetitive actions), to enable improved levels of customer service while decreasing costs to the business. The award winning implementation, for a major client in the insurance industry,
demonstrated clear business benefits including:
- Process cost reduction through simplification and standardisation which resulted in shortened process duration, reduction in overtime, increases in efficiency
- Through efficiencies, available time was gained to handle additional processes, avoiding the costs for hiring extra staff
- A significant increase in the quality of output from the teams through enabling the sharing of best practice and a more open communication environment
- Enhanced customer satisfaction and loyalty.
‘The Lean Model Office’ approach is an integral part of Capgemini’s Global Enterprise Model.
Rafal Szmajser, Head of Delivery Excellence for Europe at Capgemini said: “Our Lean Model Office approach was developed to enable a corporate culture of continuous improvement and efficiency gains, that result in better customer service and direct cost savings. We are very proud that this prestigious global award for process excellence acknowledges that our Lean Model Office approach is a best-in-class methodology.”
“The Process Excellence Awards recognise real innovation and new approaches to solving typical finance and accounting problems,” comments Robert L Hemrick, Process Excellence Network Judge and Director DTE Energy USA. “During the judging process we were not only looking for evidence of tangible business impact and outstanding execution, but also signs of value created for clients above and beyond pure financial results. These were the key elements that made Capgemini’s Lean Model Office implementation stand out as a winner.”
The Process Excellence Network is a global community for process professionals, business leaders and executives who want to improve their businesses through process and operational excellence. The Process Excellence Awards celebrate achievement in business process improvement. They are judged by a panel of experienced process professionals working in the industry.