- The release discusses about the ‘Acupuncture for PTSD’ class organized by Corrective Chiropractic & Wellness. It further highlights how acupuncture can help to treat PTSD.
- Corrective Chiropractic And Wellness
- Killeen, TX, 2015/ Press Release:
Corrective Chiropractic & Wellness, a renowned clinic serving Killeen, TX, is going to organize a free ‘Acupuncture for PTSD’ class on Thursday, 25th June at 6.00 P.M. During the session, participants will get a chance to interact with the doctors in order to have a better understanding of the condition and how acupuncture can help to overcome it.
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is an acute mental health condition triggered by either experiencing or witnessing a stressful event. The condition may be caused due to a range of traumatic incidents such as physical or sexual assault, accident, war, bombings, unexpected death of a loved one or a natural calamity like flood or earthquake. According to the National University of Health Sciences in Lombard, people who are still living with the after-effects of such occurrences can find the path towards peace with acupuncture therapy. It has been found to be a safe and effective method to reduce and control the symptoms of PTSD such as:
- Recurrent flashbacks of the traumatic incident
- Rapid heart rate and sweating
- Frightening thoughts or bad dreams
- Losing interest in activities
- Difficulty in sleeping
- Mood swings and outbursts of anger
- Feelings of guilt or depression, etc.
According to the medical practitioners at Corrective Chiropractic & Wellness, acupuncture therapy aims at correcting the underlying energetic disparities that are the main cause of PTSD. The treatment involves stimulating one or more acupoints in the body to regulate the flow of ‘Qi’ or life force and return the mind to a state of peace.
To know more about the PTSD awareness class organized by Corrective Chiropractic & Wellness, you can call at (254) 698 – 1600 or visit the clinic at 560 E. Central Texas Expressway, Suite 102, Harker Heights, TX 76548. You can also log on to their website www.harkerheightschiropractor.com to know more.